The fourth in a series of four bootcamps to help you fully leverage your 2talk 2talk Cloud PBX.
With 2talk you can manage your VoIP calling and features from within one simple software application. From managing your inbound and outbound calls, to setting up voicemail to email, call recordings and more. To help you get the most out of 2talk we’ve created four Bootcamps:
In this fourth bootcamp we’re looking at some of the more advanced features and settings available to help you communicate better.
- Record your calls
- Set up a Conference Call
- Undersanding Presence and BLF
- Set your Time Schedules
Record your calls
You can set up phone numbers to have these record both inbound and/or outbound calls. Each number can be set up with Call Recording, and you may decide to have call recording on some numbers and not others. A good example of this is to set up your main phone number with call recording for inbound calls. You may also want to set up recording for training new team members, quality tracking or for important calls – the reasons you do this are entirely up to you but the feature set up is always the same.
Call Recording options
These are the options available for you to set within the Call Recording feature:
- Record all my calls
- Record calls on selected numbers only
- Record calls in both directions, eg inbound and outbound
- Record inbound calls only
- Record outbound calls only
- Disable manual recording options
- Send a copy of the recording to my email address including an alternative email address
Manual Call Recording options
If you have Call Recording set to Disabled for a number, a call can still be recorded manually just by pressing a few short keys on your handset. This is useful when, for example, you might want to agree a verbal contract with a caller. You can press a key to start and stop the recording once you have announced to the caller that you will be making the recording.
- When Call Recording is set to on, press #3 to pause a recording.
- When Call Recording is set to on, press #4 to resume a recording.
- When Call Recording is disabled, press *1 to start or stop a recording.
Playback your Call Recordings
Your Call Recordings are located against the call billing record.
- Click into Account from the main menu and you will be taken to the Account Overview page.
- From this page you can see the summary of calls in the bottom right section.
- Click into any of the call Service Type links, eg Local.
- Click can narrow down the date and time of the call by using the Search feature or you can simply scroll to locate the call.
- Click the Download link in the right “MP3” column.
Call recording must be used in a way which complies with the law.
Set up a Conference Call
It’s pretty simple to set up one of your numbers to be used as a destination audio meeting room. This means you provide a number to your callers to dial into and everyone invited can be in the same room.
- Add a number to your account which will be used as a Conference number
- Update the setting to “Voice Conferencing enabled on this line”
- Add a PIN number if you want to
- Set up whether you want the calls recorded
- Save the settings for this number
You now have a Conference number set up. All you need to do now is invite people to your next conference call.
There are some additional Conference in-call features that you can use also.
Set up a private audio Conference room so only selected numbers can ever dial in.
Understanding Presence and Busy Lamp Field (BLF)
If you are using a Yealink or Polycom handset, Presence and BLF is out of the box functionality available to you.
What this gives you is a visual queue that people are available or not. Green means available, red they’re not.
You can set up your number to enable Presence and BLF however you will need to also understand the instructions for setting BLF provided by your handset vendor.
Here are detailed instructions on how to set this up on your line.
Set your Time Schedule
This is such a handy feature and once you have it set up it will be a great help directing your incoming calls.
The setting for Time Schedules can be found under the menu item “Preferences”. You have the following time schedules available:
- Work hours
- Available hours
- User defined hours
Time Schedules are used in conjunction with other features including:
- Simultaneous Ring
- Call Forwarding
- Hunt Group
- Call Queuing
- Do Not Disturb
- Call Screening options
- Auto Attendant
Each of these above features provides you options to set the feature according to the time Schedule ensuring that you never miss a call.